1. Aritzia Shrunken Blazer ($195) 2. AE Chambray Shirt ($39.50) 3. Tommy Girl Origami Bow Top ($34) 4. J.Crew Toothpick in Spearmint ($125) 5. J.Crew Toothpick in Light Citron ($125) 6. Tory Birch Patent Ballet ($180) 7. Etsy Large Handmade Mint Green Leather Hair Bow ($7.50) 8. Made by Girl BFrend Bracelet ($55.00) 9. C. Wonder Leopard Calf Hair Belt ($14.99)
I showed you a sneak peek of my office last week. Now that it is all done, I find myself never leaving! Trying to launch a new business, design a website, and create a lot of test product became suddenly even more enjoyable in my sunny new space. I made sure to stock it with everything I need to feel comfortable and taken care of. So with that, I thought I would share with you a few little tips on how to make working from home an even more enjoyable experience…
1. NUMBER ONE! (it’s important) Treat yourself to a beautiful space. If this is going to be where you create, do it big.
If you need ideas, my Office pinboard has tons!
2. Always have candles burning, or spray with your favorite scents. It makes you feel all warm and cozy
Anthro Candles are my fave indulgence.
3. Get out of those jammies. If you are going to wear sweats, make sure they were sweats you would wear around your friends. Better yet, get dressed for the day! The outfit above is classic and comfortable.
4. Work hard, but not too hard that you forget to take care of yourself. Take a moment to have a bite to eat, and always keep water near you.
Each morning I bring my breakfast up from the kitchen. One of my favorite treats, cereal in my Ikea Pokal Tumbler with a long milkshake spoon. The ceramic keeps the milk so nice and cold!
I also make sure I fill up a pitcher of water with ice and keep it somewhere on my desk.
Little details are important, and styling your space, and yourself properly shouldn’t get swept under your chevron rug!
I am still waiting for mine to arrive from this Etsy shop!
Try to enjoy every minute of your day. If you love what you are doing, it is never work!